Sunday 14 April 2013

Autumn in the Valley - Bothwell to Hobart Day 4

The wind blew hard overnight enough to keep me awake with the noise.
After breakfast I headed off on the road towards Hamilton. The map showed a road more or less direct from Hollow Tree to Gretna. This looked promising because it was shorter than going via Hamilton and involved less riding on the Lyell Highway.
 This dirt road turned out to be somewhat rougher than the Lakes Highway and sloped towards the left. After Pelham Junction the road became a downhill run and I managed a fair speed.
I joined the Lyell Highway at Gretna and after climbing the hill had a fast run down to the Derwent River which I followed into New Norfolk.
The autumn festival was in progress on the day and I stopped for a kebab at one of the stalls. The lions club members manning the road block even minded the trike for me while went to the stall.
I followed the Lyell Highway to Granton and then on the Old Main Road to Claremont. From there I joined the Intercity Cycleway, a rail trail into the centre of Hobart and home





.

      
 




















Distance travelled today 100km
Trip Distance 293km

No comments:

Post a Comment